moments that made this season in White Sox baseball worth it for me, even after a painful collapse:
- Philip Humber’s perfect game
- anxiously awaiting Jordan Danks’ first major league homer for so long, and then being able to see it live, for a walk off win
- (and then watching the video over and over again when I got home: “REDDICKDUDNMOOO!!”)
- Chris Sale striking out 15 Rays
- Jose Quintana coming out of nowhere and kicking ass
- sweeping the Rangers, dominating them all season
- sweeping the Cubs
- sweeping the Yankees
- Paul Konerko’s 400th homer
- Adam Dunn’s 400th homer
- (and the fan who dove into the fountain in KC to retrieve it)
- Adam Dunn comeback!!
- Alex Rios comeback!!
- our adorable rookie bullpen
- sitting in my car in the Target parking lot listening to Alex Rios hit a grand slam
- Gordon Beckham being an amazing second baseman
- #TakingJake to the All Star Game
- Gordon Beckham’s Jake Peavy impression (directed by Paul Konerko)
- that one post game interview where you could barely hear what they were saying because of how loud Call Me Maybe was blasting
- screaming and jumping around my dorm room the other day when Dunn hit that 3-run homer to put us ahead
- cool looking flash back uniforms on Sunday home games
- Robin Ventura coming out of nowhere and doing a great job
- not having to deal with Ozzie Guillen
- probably a lot more too, but most of all:
- proving Sports Illustrated wrong. I never once thought we’d lose 95 games.
- being contenders.
- APPRECIATING THE GAME
This is a great post.
"I think [Kenny Williams] made the right decision by getting rid of me and putting [Chris Sale] in the starting rotation. Right now, I don’t know how he can’t win the Cy Young Award. I don’t know if anyone knew he was going to be this good, this quick, but when he goes out there, he throws just like Randy Johnson. He’s dominating."
Being the only veteran in the White Sox bullpen, Matt Thornton abuses his veteran power by making the rookies use a walking rope to lead them to the bullpen.
So Jake Peavy might have lost the Final Vote, but that doesn’t mean we should not enjoy Southpaw dancing with a gigantic Jake Peavy head.
Your American League ERA leader.
You can’t argue with Robin Ventura’s credentials now.
Cleveland fans express their love for AJ.
“AJ Peersenskii shaves his legs & has a boy band hair cut. Konerko, you’re cool.”
I don’t know which part I love more, the unique comments for AJ or how they have to add on BUT PAULIE YOU ALL RIGHT.